Linda Nickel is the director and founder of PLRM, and has been working with youth since 1999 in various capacities.
She is wife to Rod, the mother of two , and grandmother of four.
Linda is passionate about youth connecting with God, his people, and his created horse.
"For this I toil, struggling with all His energy that He powerfully works within me.” Colossians 1:29 "...that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ..."2:2
Founder and Director of Body Mechanics in Wayzata, MN -- President, West Winds Toast Masters Group --
Flight Attendant for Northwest Airlines -- One of the founders of Crystal E. Free Church's "Power House" drop in center for teens --
Therapeutic Foster Care Provider --Horse Breeder/Ranch Manager since 1993 -- Equestrian since 1964 -- Riding Instructor since 2004 -- Public Speaker -- Bible Study Facilitator -- Devotional Author -- Poet -- Mentor
North Hennepin Community College
Moody Bible College
1989 Certified Massage Therapist and Sports Practioner -- 1997 Certified Toast Master -- 2005 Certified Therapeutic Foster Care Provider --
2009 Equine Assisted Growth & Learning Association Equine Specialist -- 2006 First Aid Certified
Linda manages Promised Land Ranch with the assistance of her husband Rod and raise registered Andalusian horses.
They attend Lenexa Baptist Church and reside in Paola with their dog Amity.
- Chloe lives with her parents in Hillsdale and attends Paola High
- Fun is drama, art, and to ride her bay Morgan horse Patty bareback
- Favorite things...horse, clothes, chocolate
- Member of Mission Valley Pony Club
- Manages the PLRM Facebook page
- Assists with riding lessons and camp
- Center Administrators Assistant for Promised Land Pony Club
- Is very organized, gifted with fabulous administrative skills, gentle yet very strong
- Attends Holy Trinity Church
- Favorite Bible Verse is the Twenty Third Psalm...the Lord is my Shepherd
- Paige lives in Louisburg with her parents and older sister
- She attends Louisburg Middle School and started volunteering at the ranch in spring 2014
- Fun is all things horses, spending time with friends and family, volley ball, and archery, shopping, food, and animals
- Paige is very loving, always full of joy, very attentive, and has a cheerful attitude even while she works...and boy does she work
- Her family attends First Baptist Church of Louisburg and she participates in youth group
- Favorite Bible Verse is Psalms 121:1,2 "I life my eyes to the hill where does my help come from, my help come from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and Earth."
Grace lives with her family in Louisburg and attends high school there
She is in charge of the ongoing training of the PLRM lesson horses
She really, really likes horses, eventing, jumping, and school
Her strengths are riding, dressage, public speaking, and grammar
She is a member of the Mission Valley Pony Club
Grace will tell you that, "Horses have taught me patience, hard work, and empathy."
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 is her favorite Bible verse and she attends Clearview Church